Saturday 13 January 2018

Patchwatch2018......The Story So far.

My first two visits to the patch at East Halton/Goxhill has seen me reach a respectable total of 79 species so far with some nice highlights which have included 3300 Pink-footed Geese,adult Med. Gull,Barnacle Goose,Goosander,3+ Water Pipits,up to 4 Marsh Harrier and Whooper Swan.
 It really is nice to be regularly watching this area again after a long absence and as mentioned before,this is where i cut my birding teeth after moving over to Goxhill from East Yorkshire in 1981.
 I was a bit late getting into birding properly,not starting until 1986 when i got my first pair of binos,but i was brought up with the natural world,thanks mostly to walks with my gran and grandad and learning about nature and plants from gran who was a fountain of knowledge....bless her.
 So 32 years down the line and here iam watching my old patch again and hopefully i will be able to find a rare or two,so watch this space.
Sunrise Taken From East Halton Skitter Looking Towards North Killingholme.


Mute Swans,East Halton Skitter.

Record Shot Of The Barnacle Goose,From The 7th Jan.

Female Stonechat,East Halton Skitter.

Female Roe Deer,East Halton Skitter.
Adult Mediterranean Gull,East Halton Skitter,This Bird Had A Green Colour Ring,But I Couldn't Make Out Any Lettering.

Adult Whooper Swan,Winter's Pond,East Halton.

No comments:

Post a Comment